Friday, January 25, 2013

Facebook Friend or Foe?

This morning I saw someone make a very rude comment about a photo of a girl. I am friends with this girl only because we went to high school together, I do not know her very well at all. It still made me sad to see someone be so rude to her.

It seems as though many people have no regard for what they put on social networks, such as Facebook and Twitter. The comment I saw seemed to come out of nowhere. Many times I see people arguing about specific status updates or photos.

I have been on Facebook since college. I was a big fan when I lived in Wisconsin by myself. It gave me a chance to catch up with family and friends. Now I mostly use it to combat boredom. I think there are many people who use it for wonderful reasons, such as sharing photos with friends and family. Unfortunately, a few people ruin everyone else's experience. I can deal with those that want to give a play by play of their lives. It's very easy to hide them from my feed. I have a lot more trouble tolerating the completely malicious people.

Has anyone had a bad Facebook experience?

No comments:

Post a Comment