One of my favorite blogs is Peanut Butter Fingers. She did a post today with a survey. I am also a sucker for surveys, so here are my answers.
1. Run/workout in the heat and humidity or freezing temps and snow?
Cold all the way! I'd much rather bundle up than be too hot.
2. Have washboard abs or flat abs? flat abs.. though it's only a dream haha.
3. Dr. Oz or The Doctors? not a fan of either
4. Cardio or strength? Cardio or circuit with both
5. Cravings: Protein or carbs? protein
6. Jillian Michaels or Bob Harper? Just from watching Biggest Loser I would've said Bob, but after buying her DVD's and hearing her podcast I say Jillian.
7. Frozen Yogurt or Ice Cream? Frozen Yogurt unless it is Jeni's ice cream. Nothing beats Jeni's!
8. To train: Upper body or Lower body? Lower.
9. Protein powder or food with protein? food with protein. I don't mind powder every now and then, but I'll take "real" food over powder every day.
10. Lunges or squats? Squats. I could do those all the time and lunges I could live without.
11. Sweet or salty? Combo, haha. Depends on my mood, but I probably choose salty over sweet more often.
12. Workout attire: cute or comfy? Comfy! I'm working out not in a fashion show.
13. Body Pump or Heavy lifting? heavy lifting.
14. Yoga or Pilates? Yoga, I need to back in a good Yoga class. I miss my class in Green Bay.
15. Nike or Adidas? Adidas. I loved my Nike ID's but they cost an arm and leg. Plus, regular Nikes are too narrow.
16. Running on the treadmill or outdoors? Outside.
17. Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s? Trader Joes, but I wish there was one closer! I do like Whole Foods hot bar even if I usually spend way too much!
18. Summer or Winter Olympics? I like both. I enjoyed actually getting to watch some events this summer.
19. Exercises classes or Exercise videos? Classes. They are much more motivating.
20. Steamed veggies or roasted veggies? Steamed, mainly because I usually overcook roasted haha.
Monday, August 27, 2012
I've spent the last month mainly getting ready for our "wedding reception." We were married in December at the courthouse and never had any kind of celebration till now. It was very casual, but somehow seemed to still take some preparation and planning. It all went very well and it was very nice to see our families together. I'm sure I'll post some photos when I get them from my sister. All this wedding celebration made me think of a topic I heard discussed on Cosmo Radio. The subject was taking your husbands last name. I personally did take my husband's last name. I had a number of reasons, but one big one was that it made me feel like we were a family. I guess we still would be with different last names but it also makes it easier when we have kids. I would've been confused as a kid if my parents had different last names(they were not divorced till I was in college). I also had no attachment to my maiden name. My father is not a part of my life by his own choosing. The whole thing is a very long story, need less to say I was not wanting to hold on to my maiden name. I understand some people do and I guess it's a personal choice. Anyone reading this, what do you think? Should a married couple have the same last name?
Wednesday, July 18, 2012
I have had a lot of changes in the last year and a half. In march 2011 I got a new job, in May I moved back to my home state of Ohio from Green Bay, WI, in December I got married and got a puppy, in March 2012 I started a business with my husband, and in June we moved into a house and got another puppy. In this blog I would like to chronicle my life during the first year of marriage and beyond. I'm certain this will include recipes, house projects, fitness, travel, and most importantly puppy pictures. Can you tell I love my dogs? I hope everyone enjoys! Thanks for visiting.