Monday, September 2, 2013

Hip replacement paperweight

 This post of supposed to publish 8/23. I think I just forgot to hit publish, oops! 

K went today for his pre-op. His surgery is Tuesday! It would be impossible for me not to be nervous about any surgery, but I'm trying to remember this is going to be the beginning of the end of this horrible ordeal. I've mentioned it before, and I'm not going into too many details for various reasons, however his hip was supposed to be fixed last January. He called me between pre-op appointments and told me they are going to let him keep his old hip replacement. What a great paperweight.

I was traveling again for work this week. It was not a fun trip. One of those ones where something went wrong everyday. Most of it involving driving and cars. All I have to say is Enterprise made everything right and Illinois tollways need to except credit. And whoever came up with those unattended coin baskets is an idiot. I have an Ipass (electronic pass for paying tolls) and the instructions say not to use it on any other cars besides the one you register it for. According to the very rude woman working at toll plaza 21, "everyone else uses it on rental cars." Aside from technically not being able to use my Ipass in another vehicle, the only other problem is that it's better if I have receipts to be reimbursed for work. Oh well, I'm back home now and getting some cleaning done before we head to Cleveland next week. 

One thing I do when I travel is get food from salad bars at grocery stores. Some grocery stores have really good salad bars! Whole Foods is probably the best and most expensive. However, some bigger Kroger's  and Pick N Save/Copp's have pretty good salad bars too. It's usually better to go at lunch since most of them do not fair well throughout the day. 


This was one from Schnucks. It was good other than I made the mistake of getting fat free ranch dressing. I'm much better buying a bottle of dressing I actually know I like. 

There was also a Red Mango yogurt where I was traveling. I'm a big fan of Red Mango. With all the local froyo shops opening up it's hard to know if one will be good. So when I'm traveling it's nice to see a Red Mango since they are a pretty consistent brand.


I've also been hitting up Target to check out the clearance clothing. If you haven't been to Target in the last couple days, you should check it out. It seems as though half their clothing is on clearance. 

I think I might even head there today since we need paper towels and a few other little things. 

No comments:

Post a Comment