Tuesday, April 23, 2013


I talked about my DIY/pinterest project about a week ago. Below is the wreath I made.

The actual "pin" on Pinterest did not work. It seems this happens a lot and I usually try to unpin pins that lead nowhere. Luckily this pin still had the name of the website in the picture, Shanty 2 Chic. The post with the project can be found here.

The project was fairly easy. I used much more hot glue than I expected. I wanted to make sure everything was securely attached to the grapevine wreath. Also, when you are wrapping the jute around the MDF letter there really is no science to it. You just have to wrap it around your letter the best way possible and use as much glue as you need.

Below is another pinterest project I completed a while ago.

I couldn't even find the pin I used for this one. There are numerous ones on Pinterest. I used a frame from Hobby Lobby that was already painted. I got a piece of sheet metal from Home Depot and cut it to fit in my frame. I put cardboard behind the frame and used adhesive (super 77) to attach the metal to the cardboard. I used the same adhesive to attach the fabric over the metal and cardboard. The magnets are some that my sister had given me, I did not make them.

I think I'm going to try more Pinterest after these two were pretty successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment