Friday, June 28, 2013

yuck

Oh it has been a week. I hate to complain, but sorry, I'm going to.

We found a bat in our house. We have been sleeping downstairs because it was in the 90's and it is cooler down there. The bat was in our freaking bedroom. K thought it went into the attic so he made sure the attic door was closed. The latch was broke and he had to screw it shut. The next night I see the freaking bat flying around. Luckily we had the glass paneled doors that lead upstairs closed. That means it was sitting in our room all day. YUCK. I am still in the process of cleaning EVERYTHING that was in there.

I do not mind bats, they do wonderful things like eat bugs. However, I would much prefer to watch them from a distance especially due to rabies. Only a small percentage of bats have rabies, but most humans get rabies through bat bites. Luckily, K got the bat out without any incident.  Now we have to have someone come in and make sure they are all out of the attic and the house is sealed so they cannot return.

Then last night Reagan vomited. No big deal at first. I just made sure to watch her. Then she started breathing heavy when she was just sitting down. We took her to the emergency vet and they gave her a shot of antinausea medicine since all other vitals were fine. Overnight she puked more and had really bad diarrhea (sorry if that's TMI). We took her to our normal vet right when they opened. She has been there all day for observation and tests. It is so hard to see her in pain, especially when she cannot say what is wrong.

There was also some issues with the bank that I won't go into too much. Basically an ATM ate my card and the customer service rep I talked to skipped a few steps when ordering the new one. So, I have a new card that I cannot use.

Hopefully this weekend goes a little better.




No comments:

Post a Comment